About the Workshop
This Iron Edge Functional Training workshop will provide you with extensive knowledge of functional training concepts, raising you above the competition in terms of training methods and the research background behind them.
Having knowledge of functional training is one thing, but being able to fully understand it, explain it and then be able to safely prescribe and modify training based on it's methods will boost your reputation and skill set for a long and successful career in the industry.
This workshop will provide you with this knowledge and teach you particular skills and techniques required to understand functional training as best as possible, and provide a foundation for performance training.
THIS WORKSHOP WILL COVER
- An explanation of what functional training involves, including its origins, its benefits and who can perform functional training
- Functional Anatomy
- Planes of Motion
- Inner and Outer core
- The sling systems of the body
- Bracing techniques and the importance of a neutral spine
- How to introduce Functional Training into the program
- Screening protocols
- Open and closed chain movements
- Instability vs stability and its relationship to Functional Training
- Functional Training exercise examples
- How to Program Functional Training – With Movements and Implements
The Functional Training Workshop is approximately 4 hours long and is worth 2 PDP (Physical Activity Australia) and 4 CECs (Fitness Australia).
Note – This course is only for those with a completed Cert IV in Fitness.
HERE’S JUST A FRACTION OF WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- HOW to perform the exercises safely and effectively
- WHY certain techniques are used so that you can understand how to apply them
- WHAT you need to look for in your clients’ movements to make sure they are performing the exercises safely
- WHERE implements like Power Bags, Aqua Bags, Dead Balls and Power Ropes fit in with other training tools, and how to use them to your best advantage
- WHEN to use each implement and when to introduce more advanced moves into your programming
WHAT YOU WILL GET WITH THE FUNCTIONAL TRAINING WORKSHOP
- Access to the post-workshop resources page which hosts a comprehensive manual with pictures and detailed descriptions of the exercises you’ve learned, plus a series of training programs.
- TradePass prices on some of our equipment (if you are a personal trainer)
- Ongoing support – you can contact us at any stage with questions
NOTE: There is both practical and theoretical assessment hurdles required to pass the Workshop and become accredited.
POST WORKSHOP RESOURCES
After purchasing this workshop you will be issued with a login to access additional training
resources and to apply for your certificate for this course.