About the Workshop
Power Bands are a deceptively simple piece of equipment. Their reputation as a therapeutic aid belies their capacity as a highly sophisticated resistance – and assistance – training tool. They are great for rehab, warming up and deloading, but are far less often applied to functional planes of movement. Essentially, either you control the band or the band controls you. Iron Edge’s Power Band course is a sophisticated, in-depth course designed to explore all these possibilities and put you in control.
The Power Bands Essentials course will run you through all of the essential Power Band exercises as well as a whole range of warm-up exercises, deloading and recovery exercises, anchored and un-anchored exercises and assistance exercises. The course also covers Agility Band exercises before moving on to program design, and advanced routines.
Leading Power Band instructors will guide you through all of the different types of movements and answer any questions you may have about this training tool.
HERE’S JUST A FRACTION OF WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- HOW to perform the exercises safely and effectively.
- WHY certain techniques are used so that you can better understand how to apply them appropriately.
- WHAT you need to look for in your clients’ movements to make sure they are doing it safely.
- WHERE Power Band training fits in with other training tools, and how to use it to your best advantage- you always want the best tool for the job, it’s all about smart training.
- WHEN to use each Power Band exercise and when to introduce more advanced moves into your own and your clients programs.
- Complexes and programming using the above exercises
The Power Bands Workshop is approximately 4 hours long and is worth 2 PDPs with Physical Activity Australian (formerly Kinect Australia) and 4 CEC’s with Fitness Australia. For those with a current Cert IV in Fitness.
WHAT YOU WILL GET WITH THE POWER BANDS WORKSHOP
- Access to post-workshop resources page which contains a comprehensive manual with pictures and detailed descriptions of the exercises you learned, plus Power Band training programs.
- TradePass prices on some of our equipment if you are a personal trainer
- Ongoing support – you can contact us at any stage with questions about Power Band training.
- Power Bands – Strength beyond Strength DVD
You can’t walk away from any Power Bands workshop and be an instant expert, being a great Power Band trainer means constantly up-skilling. Iron Edge cares about training standards in Australia, so we provide FREE ongoing support for all workshop participants. This means you have access to our instructors whenever you have questions or need technique analysis, giving you the opportunity to rise above the sea of mediocre trainers currently on the market.
Once you’re certified, Iron Edge will also promote your services through their website. The way we see it: the more quality trainers out there the better.
In short, Power Bands have the potential to radically change the emphasis of all kinds of activities, thereby dramatically increasing their yield and level of interest. As with even the most simple piece of equipment, sophisticated use requires sophisticated knowledge. For this reason, the workshop has been developed by Iron Edge in conjunction with Cohesion Strength and Conditioning, a team of personal trainers who have years of experience training both elite athletes and the general public. This workshop is designed to give you all the knowledge you need to apply Power Bands to whatever client – or situation – you require.
NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO PASS A MULTIPLE CHOICE EXAM AT THE END OF THE COURSE TO PASS THIS WORKSHOP AND BECOME ACCREDITED.
POST WORKSHOP RESOURCES
After purchasing this workshop you will be issued with a login to access additional training
resources and to apply for your certificate for this course.